Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Battle of Hada Labo Face Wash: Gokujyun vs Shirojyun vs Tamagohada AHA+BHA

Assalamuaikum and hi!

I am back again from a long hiatus. This is the second post for 2017 but it almost mid-year. In this entry, I want to put my face washes on battle. They all from Hada Labo (HL) again. I know it's boring, but it works for me.

When it come to face wash, I don't expect anything except washing my face from any dirt and excessive oils without feeling tight and dry. Face wash is not going to heal your acne, diminish your blackheads, brightening your skin up. It just CLEANSE! Face wash is just face wash.

Let's get into details of the cleansers.

From left: HL Gokujyun Face Wash, HL Tamagohada AHA+BHA Face Wash, HL Shirojyun Face Wash

Hada Labo Gokujyun (Moisturising) Face Wash

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Sorbitol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Cocomide DEA, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Glyceryl Stearate / PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Polyquaternium-7, Methyparaben, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate

Well, it sulfates-free. They are using mild surfactants and contain two types of hyaluronic acid (HA). Based on ingredients it looks mild. It has pH 5 closely to our skin pH. Claims to be hydrating and refresh.

My verdict: This is quite hydrating. But still leave my skin feeling tight and dry. The foam is not dense when lathering with foaming net. I prefer lots of foam to avoid strong pressure. Putting moisturiser after cleanse with this face wash is a must. Don't have any scent.

Hada Labo Shirojyun (Whitening) Face Wash
Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Sorbitol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Cocomide DEA, Lauric Acid, Myristic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate / PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurentium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Arbutin, Glycerin / Arbutin / Angelica Polymorpha Sinensis Root Extract / Morus Alba Bark Extract / Syringa Oblata Bark / Leaf Powder / Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract / Perilla Frutescens Extract / Bletilla Striata Root Extract / Ampelopsis Japonica Extract / Poria Cocos Extract / Atractyloides Macrocephala Root Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate

The ingredients are still the same as Gokujyun but with additional of arbutin, citrus oils and plant extracts. They claimed this face wash can brightening our complexion and hydrating. I found that this face wash has pH 4. I don't really expect the pH was that low, but with all the citrus and plant extract, it might be reasonable.

My verdict: This is more hydrating than Gokujyun face wash. The foam is not dense. It has mild citrus scent, people who don't have sensitive nose will not notice the smell. It does not brightening up my skin but who need that. The downside, this can be too mild so, it is not cleanse well for oilier skin. The best out of the three. Near to be my holy grail, I repurchasing it many times.

Hada Labo Tamagohada AHA+BHA Face Wash
Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Myristoyl Glutamate, PEG-450, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Stearic Acid, Lauramide DEA, Glycolic Acid, Lauric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycol Distearate, Potassium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Saliylic Acid, Sodium PCA / Betaine / Sorbitol / Glycine / Alanine / Proline / Serine / Threonine / Arginine / Lysine / Glutamic Acid / Methylparaben / Propylparaben / Water

This is also known as gentle exfoliating wash. Did they put word 'exfoliating' just because this cleanser has exfoliating properties? Of course glycolic acid and salicylic acid are not working because it will wash away. They claimed this face wash will deep cleanse into pores, diminish blackheads and dullness. It known to have pH 6.

My verdict: Nowadays, I don't do scrubbing or peeling gels, so I just depend on this so called exfoliating face wash. When I was first time using this, I used every night until my face getting really dry and tight, so, I change to 2-3 times a week. It works for deep cleansing in a milder way. I can't think of any exfoliating product to have except this one. I admit there alots of face wash that can do deep cleansing better, especially with clay ingredient. Since I can't really use clay, this face wash is the best option.

People who are really into skincare understand that we should use low pH cleanser. But I am so lazy and cheapskate to spend money on pH strip. Therefore, I just depend on r/Ab community to check my cleanser's pH even though the accuracy is questionable. For me, the ideal cleanser's pH is from 4-7. Is pH matter or not, it depends on your preference. In my point of view, the important part is the comfortability during and after washing follow by applying moisturiser afterwards. There are high pH cleanser that make our skin feeling comfortable and low pH cleanser that makes our skin feeling tight. Skincare is supposed to be comfortable and relaxing.

RESULT: HL Shirojyun Face Wash > HL Tamoagohada AHA+BHA Face Wash > HL Gokujyun Face Wash

Okay, that's all. See again for the next post. Bye, wassalam.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there. I've read your reviews about Hada Labo. Thank you for posting this. It really helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete